View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 01:02 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Anyone know anything about Cornwall, UK?

A little bit, as a tourist.

We spent a night in Plymouth and I enjoyed it. We walked the promenade from the rail station down to the Hoe and at the Hoe, happened upon naval air show, which was a brief fun diversion.

We arrived in Penzance by train, stayed three days, then moved to St. Ives, for one night. We bused to Tintagel and stayed three days.

We enjoyed Penzance, but happened there in the midst of Mazy Daze, a community summer festival on summer solstice. I don't recommend visiting picturesque St. Ives at that time of year, due to the gulls nesting (it might be fine this time of year). Tintagel is out of the way and rather difficult to get to on public transit, but I highly recommend it as a destination. I did a 'magical mystery tour' out of Penzance and enjoyed it immensely; the driver selected much of the coastline and focused on the local history of smugglers, scavangers, and scrappers. Don't miss St. Micheal's Mount in Penzance Bay

If I were there, I think I'd be tempted to take the ferry out of Penzance to the Scilly Isles.

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 08-30-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Thanks, from:
Limoncello (08-30-2017), Stormlight (08-31-2017), The Man (01-26-2018)

Page generated in 0.30294 seconds with 11 queries