Thread: Weird Dream(s)
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

I must have been dreaming when I was awakened by my cellphone's imitation submarine dive alarm alarm at 03:50 AM CDT. Normally the selection buttons on the Blackberry's screen read something like "Snooze" and "Cancel Alarm" while the alarm is going off, but I swear they read "Friend" and "Enemy". Of course, I selected "Enemy" on that noisy bastard, which canceled the alarm, naturally.

The dream I woke up from was a strange one. I don't remember a great deal of specific detail about people or what might have been said at this point, but it involved a house made up of a series of rooms laid out in a linear fashion in a hollowed out cliff overlooking the ocean. It was snowing. It was dark inside the house, the only light was muted daylight coming in through windows. I went out and got in my Trailblazer, started driving down the hill to the left (as you face the ocean). The road was cut into the side of a cliff. Toward the bottom, there was a tight switchback turn to the right, one I had to stop then back up to get that long son-of-a-bitch around, making sure I had it in four wheel drive. The snow was starting to stick to the road.

Once down by the ocean shore, the road was atop a low concrete seawall for several hundred yards, with a jetty or dock or fishing pier perpendicular to the seawall out into the ocean with several small haphazard structures on it, a bait shop, a cafe, and some others. There were waves 10-12 feet high smashing the seawall and dock or whatever it was. The sea spray was freezing onto railings, buildings, signs, the sidewalk along the top of the wall, and part of the road, and on lights on electric wires swaying in the gale. In places, the dirty ice was all the way across the roadway. I drove slowly past all this, seeing people in Nor'easter jackets and London Fog rain coats holding their coats closed with one hand, and their hat on with their other hand, scurrying across the roadway toward the buildings on the pier. I drove on.

At the end of the seawall, the road went up a little hill, a spit of land protruding out into the ocean, with a small hill, maybe 70-80 feet all on the ocean side of the road, then curved to the right and back down following the shoreline of a small bay. Through the snow and sea spray I could see a small village at the other end of the bay, nestled into a little valley at the foot of much larger hills to the landward side and beyond. The biggest hill blocked any view there might have been further down shore, the road seemingly ending at the village or turning up the valley behind it. The rocky hills and hillocks had green grass on them, but snow was beginning to accumulate on the grass, but I could still see it was green and it was grass. That was the end of the dream, apparently the submarine dived and the noisy cellphone alarm asked me if it was a friend or an enemy. Enemy, of course.
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (03-15-2010), Qingdai (03-14-2010), S.Vashti (03-14-2010), Stormlight (03-26-2010)

Page generated in 0.09864 seconds with 11 queries