View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 02:53 AM
select custom_user_title from user_info where username='Goliath';

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Okay, my dinner was fairly simple tonight, although it was the first home-cooked dinner that I've had since I moved to Vermillion: steamed broccoli, a really small bacon wrapped steak, and a bottle of kick-ass orange-push-up flavored soda.

The cooking of the steak wasn't as smooth as I had hoped for. The fact that the fan above my stove wasn't working well so that my smoke alarm went off several times didn't help, either. :glare:

Anyways, the steaks are bacon wrapped, maybe about 3-3.5" diameter, but really thick (over 1" thick uncooked). I stuck it on the GF grill, until the top and bottom looked done. I cut into the side (through the bacon) and it looked a bit pinkish, but okay (I like my steak medium rare). So, I put it on the plate along with the broccoli and sat down..

Well, the center of the damn steak was red and still luke warm... :( Soooo...back on the GF grill it went. Of course, it was fairly mangled by this point, but it didn't take long to get fully cooked.

I can't even cook meat right on my first try. How fucking pathetic is that? Even though the steak was still kinda pink, I think I'll live through the experience.

Well,

Page generated in 0.12641 seconds with 11 queries