Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Can you share the information on which you base your assertion that the FDA is hiding information about potential complications from prospective patients on?

I am not exactly au courant on American goverment institutions, but is it even their job to inform patients? Is it not their job to make sure treatments meet certain standards, and is it not up to the referring MD to go into the risks?

According to their own website:

Quote:
Your doctor should perform a thorough eye exam and discuss:

whether you are a good candidate
what the risks, benefits, and alternatives of the surgery are
what you should expect before, during, and after surgery
what your responsibilities will be before, during, and after surgery

You should have the opportunity to ask your doctor questions during this discussion. Give yourself plenty of time to think about the risk/benefit discussion, to review any informational literature provided by your doctor, and to have any additional questions answered by your doctor before deciding to go through with surgery and before signing the informed consent form.
Seems they are taking the trouble to get people to properly inform themselves quite thoroughly.
Most of the information given by doctors tells the patient lies. They say the dry eyes and halos are temporary, which they are not in most cases. They also give false statistics saying the success rate is 95% which is another lie based on the satisfaction rate on questionnaires. The lifelong pain and dissatisfaction over this elective surgery speaks for itself. It is more like 20 to 30%, not 5% of dissatisfied patients who only wished they were given the true risks involved. Scary considering these are our only set of eyes. The results cannot be undone.
That is so much opinion - I was asking for the facts that underpin that opinion.
Where is this opinion? Are you referring to the number of eyes damaged, or the actual complications that are occurring?
I am asking what facts you base your opinion on. It is not a very complicated question. You are bandying percentages about - where do they come from?
I am very upset by the lack of disclosure. My only reason for starting this thread is an effort to help people understand the risks involved before signing the dotted line. There are other questionable practices by the FDA (vaccine approval which we've gone over). LASIK surgery is another egregious move by the FDA to continue to make light of the life changing complications that could occur. Whether this was purposely done or not is irrelavent at this point. What is most urgent is that this deception stops! This is not someone selling a Kirby vacuum cleaner. We're talking about our most precious eyes that we're playing around with. There's no justification that could ever clear the FDA of their complacency on this issue. If they won't ban this procedure they must give a black box warning of the dangers, which is NOT provided. It's already too late for many unsuspecting consumers. :sad:

Laser eye surgery and chronic pain | Mosaic

LASIK Newswire

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 10-12-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.17614 seconds with 11 queries