View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
33% satisfaction guaranteed!

Default Re: Ensign Steve waxes philosophical on the Singularity, a thrad by Ensign Steve

I have a friend who worked at the Singularity Institute for three months, and has several articles on lesswrong. He thinks about the singularity every day, is an amazing character, and I love chatting with him about it even if every bone in my body screams rebellion at the idea. We also worked in the same office in an AI department.

My friend is unsure whether the singularity is utopian or dystopian, which I find funny. He wanted to work on ensuring it was utopian. He also had figured out some really ingenious ways to match everything to do with the singularity up with Christian mythology. He is an atheist, but he's invented a singularity vision of a literal heaven and hell.

You don't have to apologise for waxing philosophical. You just make sure you have these conversations in the pub over a lot of beer, and don't confuse any of it with serious AI research.

Dragar did his phd at Edinburgh same as me, so I'm wondering whether he knows who I'm talking about. Everyone in Informatics knows this guy.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (10-07-2020)

Page generated in 0.14044 seconds with 11 queries