View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:58 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Tonight is friends dinner night. I have eggplants and chicken thighs, and I made some harissa and hummus last night, so I think I'll make some kind of sumac chicken and moussaka or something? Baba ganoush? I dunno yet.

With rice, maybe a little chop salad, maybe some yogurt sauce (I also made a fresh batch of yogurt yesterday, and was going to make labneh, but I got really tired and now it's too late to start that).

Now that I've downsized the dinners to every other week instead of every week, I feel like I should make more stuff when I do. Anyway, I'll just start making stuff I guess and stop when I get tired of doing that.
Have you ever tried Muhammara (Roasted Pepper & Walnut Spread)? I have always loved hummus and baba ganoush and we were at this Lebanese restaurant (Arabesque in Kitchener Waterloo if any Canadians are reading this and get a chance to go there, do it. DO. IT.) and they had Muhammara which I had never heard of before and it was delicious. Soooooooo good.

And stangely, one of the youtube chef's I watch had a recipe for it the next week.
You have probably had it, but maybe someone else will give it a try.

Page generated in 0.16752 seconds with 12 queries