View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Flyover Hillbilly

Default Re: What's up with you?

The vast majority of bands I see fall within the 0-1 hit records range. Not so with the Alan Parsons Project, who my concert buddy from work and I saw last Saturday. They had a ton of hits in the late 70s - mid 80s.

The show was loads of fun, and I ended up very happy that we went. A kind of lulzy aspect was the fact that the band is large (two guitarists, two multi-instrumentalists, singer, bass, keyboards and drums) yet at various stages they brought two roadies on stage to play. Seriously. Before the show we saw these dudes sound-checking guitars, taping down setlists and doing other roadie stuff. When the show started, one guy came out and performed a mind blowingly spectacular electric cello solo and the other guy played violin on 4 or so songs.

Anyhoo, here's a crappy cellphone vid taken by a guy who was right up front:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-17-2018), Ensign Steve (06-07-2018), JoeP (06-07-2018), Sock Puppet (06-09-2018), Stormlight (06-07-2018)

Page generated in 0.18463 seconds with 11 queries