View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Tellifying

Default Re: Neither WAR nor WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
Sure, I can help. Give me a holla tonight if/when you see me.
Thanks for helping me with mopping up Frostfire and his gang of thugs. Given the massive numbers of Outcasts in that hideout, I doubt that I would've been successful on my own.

I learned a lot:

- Look before you leap. I jumped into a gang of Outcasts only to get caught in a crossfire from just down the hall.

- Gangers am dumb. It pays to draw out as many as you can before charging into the room. As long as they keep coming one-by-one, we can knock them down one-by-one.

- Things just got a lot tougher. As I said before, I'm not sure I could've handled this mission on my own. Now that I've crested the Level 10 mark, I notice that enemies aren't necessarily at my level. Some are several levels higher. This is especially true in the areas of The Hollows further away from the Atlas Park gate.

- I need more powers. The scrapper I used has no ranged attacks, except for that puny magic charm. The one that sounds like Tinkerbell when launched. I just got assigned a mission to clear a cave full of Igneous (?). I did not last long in that cave (that's what she said). So, I'm going to level-up a bit more and see if I additional enhancement slots or powers will give me an edge.

- Bashing goons is fun. My favorite combo from last night's mission is the each of us unleashing a flurry of punches at superspeed on some poor shmoe. Watching him twitch like an epileptic rag doll was totally worth the price of admission.

- The keyboard is your friend. I need to move away from the "cursor keys/mouse" combo. I'm not able to execute attacks fast enough or type in chat. I need to train myself to use the "WASD" keys for movement and the numpad for attacks. I know that you can use the "tab" or "CTRL+tab" to focus on a target (I think the latter focuses on the closest foe, while the former cycles through all foes present on the screen).

ETA: Oh also, I noticed that your character had costume elements that I do not recall being available to me during character creation. Are these bonuses once you obtain a certain level or did you go to the Tailor (I need to find that Tailor shop, off to Paragon Wiki I go!). Also, you had that cool ability to change into your civilian identity, is that also a high-level bonus?

Page generated in 0.53444 seconds with 11 queries