Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 03:02 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: DC Nation

It takes a lot of time to trawl the comments on an active LGM post. And even after the first day, there can be a lot more in the days following. Today scrolling from the bottom up, this comment is very succinct in what's wrong with Snyder/Goyer "Superman". Inasmuch as theirs doesn't resemble the canon one. But now after two movies I have to resign myself to think that they're building towards a Justice Lord or Ultraman universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
“Superman reluctantly kills Zod and is immediately horrified by it” works if his primary role model in life wasn’t the kind of guy who told him it might not be a bad idea if he let a busload of kids drown in a lake.

The reason why Superman is a goody two-shoes isn’t because he’s an alien with some innate superior morality that is challenged by the apathy and corruption of the mundane masses. It’s because he grew up in Wholesome Heartland Goodness America. Being from Krypton doesn’t make him a superhero; being raised by Jonathan and Martha Kent does. And because Jonathan and Martha Kent are assholes in Man of Steel, we get broody conflicted Superman.
Thanks, from:
Ari (04-18-2016), Janet (04-21-2016), Kael (04-17-2016), The Man (04-17-2016), wei yau (04-21-2016), Zehava (04-21-2016)

Page generated in 0.16425 seconds with 11 queries