View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

I lean toward them just being straight up incompetent and evil. AXS was supposed to be a competitor to Ticketmaster that would solve the problem of scalping, but somehow this plan involves straight up selling tickets to scalpers (StubHub) and advertising the scalped tickets on their site.

Anyways, I apparently did get the tickets I wanted, but I haven't yet received the official confirmation from the site. It tells you right up front you don't get confirmation until the 5th, but you get a free CD with each ticket, and I already got the confirmation codes for those from a totally other company. I cannot imagine why they have that confirmation delay. They seem to have gotten it to that other company. What kind of sketchy shit is going on that they can't just send immediate order confirmation like every other online business in the world?

I just ordered some replacement keycaps for my keyboards from a site run by one guy in his spare time, and I got confirmation in like thirty seconds.

OH AND ALSO, I emailed customer support because I wanted to check to see if it showed the purchase there, but I couldn't log into my stupid account. It took a week for them to email me a generic form letter telling me where the Help section of their website is. You know, the Help section of their website where I submitted the question.

It's like they suck on purpose. Maybe the only reason they even exist is to make Ticketmaster look slightly less awful by comparison.

Anyway, I hate them, and it's ridiculous that this is such a huge problem. We should solve scalping by making it illegal, and solve the service fee problem by making it illegal for the sellers to add non-tax charges to advertised prices. Make it a crime to sell a ticket for a penny over the face value, and then the only thing ticketsellers have to do is conduct simple transactions.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (02-05-2018), Crumb (02-04-2018), curses (02-05-2018), JoeP (02-04-2018), slimshady2357 (02-04-2018), Sock Puppet (02-05-2018), SR71 (02-05-2018), Stormlight (02-05-2018)

Page generated in 0.14492 seconds with 11 queries