What would Hüsker Dü?

Default Re: Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ 浪人 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Once again, commentors are all "The police neveh, eveh abuse law abiding citizens!"
Kind of like what we're doing here but in reverse.
You're going to have the parse that for me. What are we doing here in reverse? Do you believe we are abusing law abiding cops?
Since my post has seemed to garner much sudden interest, I will do my best to clarify:

Ladyshea,

You quite astutely recognized the myopia of others who only see what they want to see regarding police officers and focus on that in singular fashion when they made their comments.

My comment is meant to reflect that there is a similar approach to such a singularity here in all of our posts as well.

Translating "in reverse" ~ the general perception reflected by comments in this thread (as encouraged by the title) is that "the police neveh, eveh help law abiding citizens".

In my view, your original quote implied that you are paraphrasing in order to promote the generalized concept that those commenting on that other board do not accept that there can ever be abusive police officers.

Likewise, I was promoting the concept that those commenting in this thread do not accept that there can ever be noble police officers dedicated to serving others and (in some cases) investigating abusive officers and bringing them to justice.

If we are to recognize the failings of others to widen their gaze, I thought it would be helpful to note that as a tendency we all seem to have.

Is there a thread of links recognizing heroic actions or sacrifices made by police officers here on this board?

If so, I stand corrected.

Page generated in 0.13792 seconds with 11 queries