Old 03-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernesse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I didn't mean for you to copy and paste it for people to read, but to clarify your answers to our questions or to highlight specific passages during discussion.

We want you to discuss the piece. Make an argument based on your reading and interpretation and answer questions. This is what they wanted at Philosophy forums too and ended up locking the thread.

The writing doesn't stand on its own as well as you seem to think it does (the dialog with imaginary persons is very distracting for one thing), so you may be called upon to present the info in another way, explain things etc.

Are you willing to do that?
I can't seem to satisfy the people in here. They make it so difficult. I gave away the book for free. I put it online after 30 years of an author's hard work, and all you have to say is that two pages is too much for you to handle, and this thread will be locked? Well, so be it.
In other words, people who are merely following this law of human nature to prefer what is best for them (through no fault of their own) has led to your unhappiness?
No, the belief in free will and the concomitant blame and punishment, have led to OUR unhappiness as a species (warfare, hatred, crime, etc.), even though we had to go through the necessary steps as part of our development.

Page generated in 0.15352 seconds with 11 queries