View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: It's pretty obscure, you've probably never heard of it. Also it's on Netflix Inst

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
A big :glare: at netflix for canning The Break with Michelle Wolf.
Much as I miss this show, I think I’m now willing to overlook it because of Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, which might be the best show of its kind to launch since Full Frontal. It’s basically Last Week Tonight as if it were hosted by an Indian-American Muslim with a really, really amazing graphics department to back him up. They’ve put several of his long-form pieces up, and each is quite a watch. Here are three of them.

This show will go places. It’s already had an impact, too; that Saudi Arabia piece resulted in an apology from the U.S. government over some offensive racial language used in one of its documents. On page six.*

I also find it intriguing that Netflix has hosted shows from the two most recent performers at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

(*I think. Might’ve been five or seven or something like that. Something in mid-single digits, though.)

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 11-21-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (11-21-2018), BrotherMan (11-21-2018), Crumb (11-21-2018), Ensign Steve (11-20-2018), JoeP (11-20-2018), slimshady2357 (11-20-2018)

Page generated in 0.33992 seconds with 12 queries