View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: Conservatives say stupid shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Munny View Post
It's more the breadth of "on ground of X", as opposed to "on ground of excluded party's positive participation in X" that I was smurfing.

I dunno. Do you think that a systematic prejudice against stateless persons (born on the high seas, say) ought to run afoul of the national origin clause? A clause prohibiting discrimination on ground of gender ought to prohibit discrimination against persons of ambiguous gender, it seems to me. But this may just highlight the fact that IANAE.
Yeah this highlights the fact that YANAE because you sound like a thinking person. This does not require thought, it requires a judicial construction of the phrase "on the ground of" for purposes of the Civil Rights Act. Which I guess I will go look up now, thanks. Also somewhere the DOJ should have published summat in the Code of Federal Regulations about this. This is probably like day 2 of Civil Rights law, and I am completely out of my depth here, but what the fuck, it would be p. expensive for you guys to sue me or whatever.
Thanks, from:
Adam (10-11-2011), Clutch Munny (10-11-2011), Deadlokd (10-11-2011), Nullifidian (10-11-2011), The Man (10-28-2011)

Page generated in 0.15971 seconds with 11 queries