Thread: Gadgetry
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Solipsist

Default Re: Gadgetry

That site falsely claims I've browsing in private/incognito mode. So I had to open it in another browser. So I may have been biased towards annoyance when I read that bit about science fiction only predicting flying cars, not brain augmentation.

wtf? Does "this surgeon" not read? William Gibson, Iain M Banks, any number of others.

OK, he's a brain surgeon. So is Ben Carson.

Read Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future - Wait But Why for an Elon-Musk-sponsored but deep analysis.

Also, but subject to a 3-article limit for non-subscribers, 6 or so articles in the Economist's Technology Quarterly starting How brains and machines can be made to work together - Thought experiments.

Sure it's a hacking vulnerability. And the internet already affects our brains, cars kill millions, newspapers and books spread unwanted ideas, even spoken language allows others to coerce us. They should all be approached and used with extreme caution.

The thing that interests me is the potential of augmenting humans to beat / match the advance of AI.

Join them in the singularity! I for one welcome the chance to become one with our robot overlords.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ari (01-21-2018), Crumb (01-22-2018), Ensign Steve (01-23-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-21-2018), lisarea (01-21-2018)

Page generated in 0.14275 seconds with 11 queries