View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Reality Adventurer

Default Re: Yet another free university....

FYI, an updated version of the machine learning course.

Quote:
As a student in a previous session of my Coursera course on Machine Learning, I thought you might like to know that it will run again starting on March 3, 2014. You can enroll in the new session at Coursera.org.

This will be a slightly revised and updated version of the same course. You're welcome to sign up again if you didn't complete it last time, and I will be using largely the same materials. Please also let your friends and colleagues who might benefit from a Machine Learning class know, perhaps by forwarding this email to them. I hope to help you (and your friends) become experts in machine learning.

By the time you finish this class, you'll know how to apply the most advanced machine learning algorithms to such problems as anti-spam, image recognition, clustering, building recommender systems, and many other problems. You'll also know how to select the right algorithm for the right job, as well as become expert at "debugging" and figuring out how to improve a learning algorithm's performance. You’ll come away an expert in machine learning, and will have a deep understanding of how to powerfully use it to solve problems and build a myriad of applications.

To give you and your friends more time to get started, the first assignment deadline for the course will be March 23, but the first two weeks of lecture and assignment materials will be available as soon as the course starts on March 3. Thus, your friends can sign up anytime over the next two weeks, and still have ample time to complete assignment 1. You can sign up for the current session at Coursera.org.

In a few weeks, we will also announce a one-time pilot program which may help some students do well in the course---stay tuned!

I hope that you’ll consider joining us if you’d like to take the course again or review the materials. Please also let your friends know about the class by forwarding this email to them. Rather than going to the old session (via the button below this email), please to to Coursera.org to sign up for the new session.

This machine learning class is the class that started Coursera. I’m really excited to be teaching it again, and hope to see you in class!

Andrew Ng
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (02-23-2014), Ensign Steve (02-23-2014), SR71 (02-23-2014)

Page generated in 0.36773 seconds with 11 queries