View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Default Re: Toxic Technology

I'm learning about "dark posts", the new kind of advertising that Kamilah was getting us to laugh at here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post

Did Trump have to pay for that ad? Maybe not, if Zuckerberg values one his best customers and offered him a freebee. But that's not the point I'm making. The real point is that Trump was already doing exactly this kind of thing as part of his successful (though not entirely winning) campaign.

The Secret Agenda of a Facebook Quiz

From the linkAccording to Bloomberg, the Trump campaign sent ads reminding certain selected black voters of Hillary Clinton’s infamous “super predator” line. It targeted Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood with messages about the Clinton Foundation’s troubles in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.

[...] the already weakening power of social opprobrium is gone when no one else sees the ad you see — and no one else sees “I’m Donald Trump, and I approved this message.”

And Zuckerberg is complicit.

From the linkIf Mr. Zuckerberg takes seriously his oft-stated commitments to diversity and openness, he must grapple honestly with the fact that Facebook is no longer just a social network. It’s an advertising medium that’s now dangerously easy to weaponize.
Kamilah Hauptmann (01-17-2017), lisarea (01-17-2017), Sock Puppet (01-18-2017), Stormlight (01-18-2017), The Man (01-17-2017), Zehava (01-18-2017)

Page generated in 0.16872 seconds with 11 queries