View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:48 AM
California Sober

Default Re: BREAKING: Sometimes Famous People Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Fun facts according to his biographer who wrote a pretty recent book I haven’t read yet but plan to on John Conway, is that for a part of his life he resented and hated the game of life.

He felt there were a lot more interesting things that he had done and that the game of life was simplistic little fun in comparison but learned to accept that maybe it was worth being known for. And yes there’s definately some ego there as he only really thought about a biography after suffering a stroke, realizing his mortality.

(From the little I understand, once they developed things like the glider gun, he used higher level math to show what was theoretically possibly to create and got bored with it, despite it taking years for people to then actually go about and create some of those things. For him the more general concepts were the exciting part.)
I've seen an interview where he compares his story to Leonard Nemoy's, having gone through both his I Am Not Spock and I Am Spock periods.
Ari (05-01-2020), beyelzu (05-01-2020), Kyuss Apollo (05-05-2020), lisarea (05-01-2020), maddog (05-02-2020), The Man (05-01-2020)

Page generated in 0.16156 seconds with 11 queries