View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

I figured that our hatred for other laws, events and groups of people was being diluted in the "two minutes hate" thread by all the police brutality stories, so we might as well have a thread that's specifically for police brutality, abuse of power, corruption and such.

Here are the collected links from the Two Minutes Hate thread to start us off:

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office - document theft

AL: deaf and mentally disabled man Tased by cops for being in bathroom too long sues

Mo. cops raid home, kill dog and harass family for small amount of weed (video) AND related: family questions SWAT drug search that led to family dog being shot

Attorney: Video shows police fired into home - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Woman allows police to search her house so long as they don't kill her dog -- Police proceed to kill her dog | Before It's News

Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance

Couple awakened by police raid on the wrong residence at 4 am

Officer accused of tasing a ten-year-old child.

Officer throws eighty-year-old man to the ground and smacks him over the head with a baton after he already turned to walk away.

Police brutalize and shoot man because his wife left the hospital without being discharged

Police beating of pregnant woman who was trying to help neighbour leads to miscarriage

Woman calls cops to report prowler; gets tasered repeatedly on video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
Coming soon to a state legislature near you: That handy camera you have might get you more arrested.

Quote:
In response to a flood of Facebook and YouTube videos that depict police abuse, a new trend in law enforcement is gaining popularity. In at least three states, it is now illegal to record any on-duty police officer.

Even if the encounter involves you and may be necessary to your defense, and even if the recording is on a public street where no expectation of privacy exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Hello, I am here to break your heart.

Case pending in LaGrange dog shooting

The video is not graphically gory or anything, but it's horrifying all the same.

That poor dog threw every calming signal she could at those pigs. She was already restrained, after allowing strangers to chain her up, but she was afraid and trying to run away from the cops jabbing at her aggressively with a catch pole, which there was no reason for.

She sat down, she averted her gaze, she laid down, lowered her ears, turned away, and she even wagged her tail after she'd been shot once; and those doughy, witless little fucks shot her again.

They could have walked up to her, pet her on the head, and led her away if they hadn't been such cruel, incompetent little twits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
I'm far too lazy to type up more write-ups of police brutality when it's already been done for me on another board (login required for view, although it'll also be visible when I update the thread I linked to above to its most recent incarnation). Just be warned: There be links to Reason within. Fortunately as long as they stay away from economic issues they actually come pretty close to living up to their name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Recent articles about police abuse, for those interested (feel free to ignore these too, seifer):

Here's an excellent article on "puppycide", which involve cops killing any dog that slightly bothers them, a practice which is appallingly common. Again, there is never any accountability for this abuse (one of the dogs in the first article was chained and quite calm before the cop started bothering it). There's not even any training at most police departments to deal with dogs, whereas the US Postal Service, for instance, has annual dog training.

There are definitely some very good cops. The problem is mob mentality overrides any sense of justice when it's the police officers who do something wrong. This story illustrates that point very clearly. One cop started questioning why another cop was pulled over and tested positive for a BAC above the legal limit... but wasn't cited for it. Take a wild smurfing guess which officer was investigated and fired.

City pays $200k due to a 2007 police shooting. The circumstances in this are just mind-boggling. The home owner comes out to confront what he thinks are drug dealers on his front lawn. They are in fact undercover cops posing as drug dealers who were, if I remember correctly, using his property to plan a deal. The cops killed him, and an eyewitness said the cops shot before the man (did I mention he was 80-years-old?) even pulled his gun. Oh yeah, one of the cops involved has been since fired for being part of a scam.

Atlanta is an especially notorious place ever since the Kathryn Johnston murder (where police shot and killed a 92-year-old woman in a botched drug raid and tried to cover it up). The city is now going to pay $20,000 to a 62-year-old woman who was told to move from the sidewalk where she and her friend were talking about a funeral, and then was arrested for asking the inexcusable question of "why?" Of course the department concedes to no wrong-doing, and even emphasizes that the cop acted just fine. This quote is just amazing:

Quote:
"Those [national] guidelines are based on a set of proven standards that take into account the difficult situations police officers face every day, and the split-second decisions they must make to protect citizens and reduce their own personal risk,” APD public affairs director Carlos Campos said in an e-mail.
Which just obviously relates to walking up to two old ladies talking calmly in a sidewalk. Obviously a split-second decision had to be made!
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-15-2010), BrotherMan (07-15-2010), Caligulette (07-16-2010), Gonzo (07-15-2010), JoeP (07-15-2010), LadyShea (07-15-2010), lisarea (07-15-2010), mickthinks (09-17-2010), Naru (07-16-2010), Nullifidian (07-15-2010), Sophia (01-25-2011), Stephen Maturin (07-16-2010), Stormlight (07-16-2010), The Man (07-17-2010)

Page generated in 0.58210 seconds with 11 queries