View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am only asking you to take a break and hear what Lessans has (had) to say about determinism and the extension of this finding.
Lessans had very little to say directly about determinism, he mainly claimed that humans did not have free will at all, and therefore could not be blamed for anything they did. He went on to claim that without blame and punishment the conscience would operate perfectly and no-one would hurt anyone else. His main claim about determinism was that we didn't have free will and everything that we did was determined.

As far as delaying judgement, Peacegirl has been hawking her fathers book for more than 12 years on the internet, and about 5 years on this forum. I would say the ideas have been hashed over many times and no-one is rushing to judgement. A few of us have read the book through, and some parts several times. Lessans ideas are not hard to understand, but most people who are exposed to them disagree with them, and this is what Peacegirl is really upset about. In her mind the ideas and claims are self evident, and cannot be understood and not agreed with.
Angakuk (01-08-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-07-2017), The Man (01-07-2017)

Page generated in 0.10184 seconds with 11 queries