Default Re: General Environment Thrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Quote:
:V: Oh wait, did I just say this? I'm sorry, I was wrong. :V:

Quote:
It seems as if this effort to privatize public land is fairly high on the Republican agenda, but not something they want to come to the forefront as something to associate with the Republican party. I don't believe a very large segment of the public would be pleased if more light were shown on the effort to sell off public lands.
Turns out they don't give a hoot who knows about it. Trump's nominee to head Interior is all about selling off federal land. I hope all the Trump voters are happy now when they drive the family all the way to Yellowstone and all they get is a picture of is a Private Property, Trespassers Will Be Violated sign.

Quote:
McMorris Rodgers is strongly in favor of developing the United States’ fossil fuel resources. She has also opposed federal ownership of public lands and voted to make it more difficult for the president to create national monuments. McMorris Rodgers is the author of a bill that would have directed the Department of the Interior to sell off federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming.
And Whoomp! There it is! Unbelievable. Cliven Bundy is win.

Quote:
A new rule, written by House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT), establishes as fact that any legislation to dispose of public lands and natural resources would cost taxpayers exactly $0. This paves the way for the new Congress to get rid of vast swaths of public lands — all at the expense of the American taxpayer.
Under Congressional Budget Office accounting rules, the House is required to account for the cost of any legislation it considers. Now, the House does not need to even estimate any financial losses from giving away public land. Bills to dispose of public land will skip several steps in the normal legislative process, coming up for a vote without any discussion of the costs and benefits. The House approved the rules change by a vote of 234 to 193 on Tuesday.
Since the move applies only to House rules, it is not subject to approval by the Senate or a presidential signature. It is effective immediately.
$0? Cool, I'll take it all.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-05-2017), SR71 (01-06-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-05-2017), The Man (01-05-2017), Zehava (01-06-2017)

Page generated in 0.20451 seconds with 11 queries