View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Much of what we learn we take at face value, at least when we're in school. We take what we learn from our professors and accept that what is in the textbooks is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
I think textbooks are the poorest tool used in education, actually. Also, I do not have a college degree in case you are wondering if I adhere to some dogma that education=truth. I have many threads regarding education and schools and such in the Study Hall if you're interested.
I would be interested, but I want to finish this thread before I start reading others, or I'll get totally sidetracked.

Quote:
I can see that you question everything LadyShea, which is a good thing.
Quote:
I was raised by hippies.
Really? Then there is something good to be said for my generation. :yup:

Quote:
No, this guy isn't around anymore. His name was Dave.
Quote:
And what was the scope of his involvement? Did he do any writings or explanations?
No, he was a family friend. He did go to Canada and saw that expo and when he saw a sign that said the eyes are not a sense organ, it got him interested in the book because he knew that Lessans was also referring to the eyes as not being a sense organ. He also loved the idea of no blame, but he didn't realize that blame and punishment are necessary in our present environment.

Quote:
In the case of hearing, a nerve ending is being stimulated by frequencies and wavelengths and is then interpreted by the brain, whereas in the case of sight, there is nothing in the light that sends signals to the brain to be interpreted.
Quote:
So light frequencies and wavelengths are not in the light? But sound frequencies and wavelengths are in the sound?
No, they both have wavelengths and frequencies but the properties of light are different than sound. I don't know if the fact that light does not require a medium means anything in relation to this discovery, but there are definite differences.

Quote:
You are aware that light is electromagnetic radiation, correct? You are aware the brain is an electromagnetic system, correct?
So what are you implying?

Quote:
It seems logical, but it doesn't work that way according to Lessans' observations. Again, I don't want people to get defensive. If we can't resolve this issue, we should move on and come back when everyone is cooled off.
Quote:
I am not defensive nor do I need to cool off. I am trying to understand why you believe Lessans is correct
I didn't mean you personally. But there are some people in here who are ready to blow their top.

Page generated in 0.20741 seconds with 11 queries