View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:42 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Health and Fitness Track, 2017

Hey, what's up. I'm coming up on 6 years of maintaining about 60 pounds of weight loss. Pretty happy about that! I still use Weight Watchers for maintenance, and I attend meetings weekly when I can, but monthly at a minimum to keep my membership current. I found a meeting that I LOVE but it's obscenely early on Saturday mornings, so I don't make it as often as I'd like.

I'm not as muscular-buff as I have been, which is a bummer. bey is mostly healed from his accident, and we have been bouncing back and forth between Crossfit and Bootcamp, but we lack the consistency necessary to get any real results.

I had signed up for a couple half-marathons in the early part of this year, so I went ahead and made an unofficial goal of 12 halfs in 2017, one per month. January, February, and March races are done, and I'll be running with my mom and others in Zion in April. I haven't registered for anything else, so I better get on that if I want to make this official.

If we're talking biometrics, I got an Apple Watch for Christmas. It has the movement metrics, and damn am I sedentary. I knew that already, it didn't come as a surprise, but it's still eye-opening to see the actual numbers. I'm trying to meet the arbitrary goals the watch app has set for me, and it gives me nice little reminders when I'm getting too far behind, which is a mixed bag depending on my mood. Last night I had to march in place and do jumping jacks for about 4 minutes before bed to get there.
Angakuk (04-07-2017), BrotherMan (03-28-2017), JoeP (03-28-2017), livius drusus (03-27-2017), ShottleBop (03-27-2017), slimshady2357 (03-27-2017), The Lone Ranger (03-27-2017), viscousmemories (06-20-2017)

Page generated in 0.18314 seconds with 11 queries