View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 06:43 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Honey, there's a bear at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry
That's not real easy to do, to which I am testament.
Liv tolerated me and Badfish slamming each other at IIDB. Pissing her off seems damn near impossible, to which I am a proud testiment myself. :giggle:
Yeah... She has a metphorical hide like the proverbial rhino, plus a discerning ability to read between lines and ascertain acerbic delivery for what it is. Still, I suspect I've had her steaming a couple of times. Still, her ability to maintain her composure is the most impressive I've ever seen.

vm and I went our rounds over in HH, I suspect we both got it out of our systems then. He's a bit of a net nanny, but he's getting over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry
I've been hard-banned from IIDB and HH (twice from the latter).
What did you do to piss Gurdur off, if I may ask?
Sure...ask away. I basically gave him a taste of his own medicine. He has come in here a couple of times, blindly swinging with verbal attacks (usually aimed at vm) and his haughty attitude...completely without justification, in my book. So, as a reinstated HH member, I went to HH and gave him what he gave here. I've got a bit of a thing about authoritarianism. I don't suffer it, if I don't have to. I appreciate authoritativeness, but bald authoritarianism pisses me off. He didn't appreciate my doing at "his forum" what he had done here.

The first time I was banned from HH, it was by Godot, another imperious wingnut. I challenged his "moderation" on PM and on-list. For my troubles, I was banned. So be it. I'm still happy with the outcome.

Quote:
Quote:
We do have a means of minimizing any insanity you may run across here that you'd rather not deal with. The "ignore" function. If you click on any offending member's avatar, it'll produce a list of functions you can apply to that particular poster. I've currently one avatar on "ignore" and about three posters entirely on "ignore".

Welcome freethinking types.
Ignore feature? Why would I want to ignore the flamers, *self-healing* types, trolls and such? They bring excitement to my day, but that's just me.

* Smilin waiting for Michael to make his appearance now.. :popcorn:
You don't have to, if you don't want to. That's the thing....different strokes for different folks. I didn't place any on 'ignore' until alfalfaboy came through and since then, we've had an uptick in wack jobs and proselytizers.

We've got some pretty decent theists around here, too. For that, I am truly thankful.

And...although Michael is an attention whore, he's learning to be pretty decent about it. Plus, he's one amazing photographer.

Page generated in 0.34933 seconds with 11 queries