View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Default Re: What's the frequency, Colorado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I've really come to hate Martin Luther King Jr. Day over the years. We're probably all numb to the "MLK was a Second Amendment hero" and "MLK's fondest wish was that mentally mediocre white kids have the right to attend the college of their choice" nonsense by now, but it never really ends there. Yesterday we were treated to the goddamn Vice President of the U.S. telling us that wanting to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border makes Trump exactly like MLK.

And on Friday, Colorado Rep. Lori [in]Saine (R-of course) stood before the Colorado House of Representatives and told us how far we've come since Reconstruction, "when whites and blacks alike were in nearly equal numbers lynched for the crime of being Republican."
I seem to remember reading that it was Confederate Sympathizers who were more likely to get lynched in Colorado. My ex Father-in-Law was a Republican, and so were most of his KKK buddies.

They were just as likely to lynch a Messican as a negro, regardless of what party they belonged to.

Out on the Plains, or over on the Western Slope, these days, it's the Dems who seem to be the rarity.
Last time I was at the Walmart in Delta, I saw more MAGA hats that CO-OP gimme Caps.
Thanks, from:
lisarea (01-30-2019), SR71 (01-30-2019), Stephen Maturin (01-29-2019), The Man (01-30-2019)

Page generated in 0.08058 seconds with 11 queries