View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You're right. I went back and saw that I had put it in earlier. I was mistaken.
I know, peacegirl. That's why I called you out for lying again.
Quote:
After some changes (due to constructive criticism), I lost track of when I made a particular revision. But this is neither here nor there. It's called nitpicking, and you're doing it because you can't find anything else on me.
It's called correcting your lies, peacegirl.

You should apologize to Stephen Maturin for your false accusation.
Quote:
I was his daughter. He entrusted me with his book. Nothing I added changed the significance or intent of his work.
peacegirl, I don't know whether or not you actually believe that, of if you're just lying again. I guess it's possible that you believe what you're saying. But either way - I don't. Neither do I think people should have to plod through your god-awful prose trying to guess which things you simply made up, and what you deleted because you didn't approve of it, and what you re-wrote to reflect your own agenda.

That's why, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I simply reject your entire Corrupted Text. We have no need of it here. Here, we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I don't get why you are so upset about that.
I don't think it's god-awful. It's clear and elucidating. Why am I so upset? Because you're making a joke out of the book. You're not reading it to understand. You're reading it to get a laugh at his expense. I think some parts are funny too, but at least I know what he was getting at. Do you? No.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Page generated in 0.07444 seconds with 11 queries