Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 12:54 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Good King Trump

I was assured by many on the left that Trump was a dove, and Trump's election was a rejection of neoconservatism. Some of them even prefer Trump for foreign policy reasons!

So I'm sure they will be pleased to hear the news that John Bolton, noted anti-war activist and critic of neoconservatism, will be in such an important position!

Nobody could've predicted that Trump was full of shit just because he was lying about having opposed various wars, or that his violent rhetoric, narcissistic machismo, impulsiveness, and frequent endorsements of war crimes might be a better indicator of where he would go as president.

But he hasn't started a new major war yet, I guess. I mean, he has expanded bombing campaigns and killed civilians at a higher rate than Obama over his first year, and he's empowering warmongers, but we don't know what will happen. So we might as well assume that the fact that it looks like he's moving in a bad direction doesn't mean much, whereas we know Clinton lusted to start WW3 and/or drop bombs on Tehran or whatever.

We're probably in the clear, after all, Trump has the "non-interventionist mindset" and his selection of John Bolton shouldn't sway us from that opinion.
Thanks, from:
Kael (03-23-2018), lisarea (03-23-2018), mickthinks (03-23-2018), SR71 (03-25-2018), Stormlight (03-23-2018), The Man (03-23-2018)

Page generated in 0.17132 seconds with 11 queries