View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: Star Trek is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonDee View Post
excerpt... it seems safe to say that the show will exist in the new continuity created by JJ Abrams' 2009 Trek film.
Ugh.

I take some comfort in reminding myself that the Abrams-Trek universe is clearly not the "real" Star Trek universe.

The first Abrams-Trek movie clearly established that the technology, ship design, etc. was different before Nero arrived from the future. Thus, the Abrams-Trek universe is clearly an entirely different universe (one that, I note, clearly has different laws of physics than the "real" Star Trek universe), and not just an alternate timeline created by Nero and Spock going back in time.

I take considerable comfort from the knowledge that the "real" Star Trek universe is [presumably] going along just fine. Whatever happens in the Abrams-Trek universe can therefore be safely ignored. Because it may have a ship called Enterprise and characters called Spock and McCoy and Uhura and Kirk, but it bears very little resemblance to anything I'd recognize as Star Trek.
Thanks, from:
Janet (11-03-2015), Kyuss Apollo (11-22-2015), SharonDee (11-03-2015), Stormlight (11-03-2015)

Page generated in 0.36265 seconds with 11 queries