View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 03:31 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: A Sample of...One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuss Apollo View Post
I feel we have an obligation to the Universe, as the only known sentient beings, to stop treating our biosphere as a playground, a landfill and sewer and get our :censored: act together.
That's my attitude in a nutshell. We've got one habitable planet, with one viable biosphere. There is nowhere else we can go, and the probability that benevolent aliens will show up and save us from ourselves is for all intents and purposes zero. [People who think that we can just terraform Mars and go live there need to learn some basic Physics and Biology.] If we continue down the road we're going, the result will be a tragedy on a galactic, if not universal scale.

At times, I think: "If, in our arrogance and stupidity, we wind up destroying ourselves -- then, so what? It's not as if we didn't have plenty of warning. If we wind up destroying ourselves, it's entirely our own fault."

"What really bothers me is that we're rapidly driving so many other species to extinction. Our descendants -- if we have any -- won't forgive us for that."
Thanks, from:
Ari (06-22-2019), ceptimus (06-24-2019), Crumb (06-22-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (06-24-2019), Kyuss Apollo (06-22-2019), Stormlight (06-25-2019)

Page generated in 0.12683 seconds with 11 queries