California Sober

Default Re: Springtime for Geek Girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Oh he also happens to be the CEO of Microsoft speaking at a Women in tech conference.
Isn't that where Ensign Steve is? The Women in Tech conference, not MS.
Indeed I am!

The first day they said we should come early on the second day for a "surprise speaker" and I guessed it was Megan Smith and I was totally right cuz I'm fucking smart as hell. I had skipped breakfast and coffee to get there on time, so after she spoke I checked the program to see if the scheduled speaker was someone I could take a pass on and go take care of my empty tummy and impending caffeine withdrawal. I saw it was some dude from Microsoft and I was like peace out. OMG MISANDRY!

I went and got a bagel with pumpkin shmear and it was divine.

Later in the morning I was reading the live twitter streams of my colleagues at the conference, and yeah, nobody was impressed with MS dude. I was very happy with my pumpkiny choice. Also Megan Smith is a fucking rock star.
MOTHER FUCKER! You know who else was there and I totally missed her? Gillian Jacobs.

'Community' star's documentary spotlights female tech pioneer

Quote:
Gillian Jacobs might be best known for her inspiring laughs on NBC's Community, but for the past few months the actress has been zig-zagging across the west coast to find out more about female computer science pioneer Grace Hopper for a new documentary.

She used her off days to conduct interviews in the Bay Area and once flew to Phoenix to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration for young women interested in computer sciences.
:doh: Starfucker fail! (I was too busy creaming myself over Megan Smith, apparently.)
beyelzu (02-05-2015), Janet (02-04-2015), Stormlight (03-02-2015), The Man (02-04-2015)

Page generated in 0.23940 seconds with 11 queries