View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Default Re: Why the Mainstream Media Really Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
So next time we interview someone about a breakthrough in medicine, we should get the opposing view and interview a witchdoctor as well. Perhaps we can balance out the reporting about the new mars-mission by getting the opposing view of flat-earthers. All interviews that have anything to do with the NAACP should also include the views of the Grand Imperial Dragon of the KKK, and whenever we air any view expressed by NASA we should certainly get the point of view of moon-landing conspiracy theorists.
A parable -

THE DUCK. « Dr. Boli's Celebrated Magazine.

Quote:
“I am a skeptic,” said the first scientist. “I demand convincing evidence before I make an assertion. But I believe I can identify that bird, beyond all reasonable doubt, as a duck.” The journalist nodded silently at this assertion.
“I also am a skeptic,” said the second, “but evidently of a more refined sort, for I demand a much higher standard of evidence than you do. I see no irrefutable evidence to back up your assertion that this object before us is even a bird, let alone positively identifying it as a duck.” The journalist raised his eyebrow sagely.
Stormlight (04-17-2012), Ymir's blood (03-16-2012)

Page generated in 0.32782 seconds with 11 queries