View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightson View Post
I have class in the morning tomorrow and need to go to bed, so I'll just post on my top suspect now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasasue View Post
the only way you could know anything for sure at this point in the game is if you are scum. So unless you are trying to look scummy right off the bat I think some more explanation is in order.

unvote vote nightson
It's obviously not the case that being scum would be the only possible way to know something for certain, that's either not thinking things through or latching onto the one that allows a vote.

The thing that wins scummy points is the specific language used in the second sentence, 'trying to look scummy' as opposed to something like 'unless you're scum'

Quote:
Why are you avoiding the questions being brought to you by throwing out nonsense? Just answer the questions that were set forth.
Quoted for reference.

Quote:
a possibility to think about is that nightson is scum and trying to soft claim so that he is cleared and we dont lynch him.
The scumminess of this post is in two areas. First this was not a new theory but is presented as one. Secondly, this is presented entirely without connection. "I think..." or "It seems like..." are statements that take ownership of ideas, "A possibility to think about..." distances the speaker from the idea. Especially damning as her vote was on me. Voting someone but using this distancing language points more towards a scum vote then a town vote.

Quote:
I am not sure this is relivent or not but some are talking about having day time powers to see things in the day but this is the only part of the op that states the kind of actions this game has and if there were day time actions I think it would have been stated here.
This feels like reaching since the post clearly says there can be other actions, but the "I am not sure if this is relevant..." is more distancing language since the possibility being talked about is me being a town day cop.

Quote:
Nightson I didnt answer your question because I dont see how it would help town or you for that matter to know what I think of you. Nor how much weight I place you under the different fields you have indicated.

You did not answer the question as to why you are so sure raven is scum. You avoided this question by saying it is not in the best interests of the town. I and others dont think this is a good enough response.
This post doesn't really gel with simply calling the question nonsense before. She also does not see how it helps the town or the person she's voting to know what she thinks of the person she's voting. That doesn't strike me as a well thought out town position, it sounds more like scum justification after the fact.

The question was meant to force people to think through the possibilities and actually say what they thought was likely.

Finally, the last line is hiding within other opinions, which functions as something to add weight and too buddy up to the town, but it's generally a scum move.

So, finding basically every post to be scummy to varying degrees, I'm happy with a vote: teasasue
I think you are just reaching now to get the heat off of you.
Live for the day already here

Page generated in 0.34344 seconds with 11 queries