Thread: Cleaning Tips
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Cleaning Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
They also use a semi-mythical beast known as "biological washing powder". I don't know what the hell it is, but it sounds so fucking Victorian I covet it insanely.
Isn't that just powdered laundry detergent? Yeah, looks like it's just laundry detergent that has enzymes in it. (I looked it up in between those sentences, and decided to leave the suspense in.)

Quote:
Quote:
And borax. That's good for cleaning and deodorizing, too. I sprinkle it around before vacuuming sometimes, and use it in the laundry. It's also supposed to be good for general cleaning. (For some reason, I haven't used it for that much, though.)
It's been on my shopping list for ages, but I can't seem to find any. Who's your source?
They have it at our grocery store, in the laundry section. (The washing soda is there, too.)

If they don't have it in your regular grocery stores, try like carnicerias or anywhere where lots of old people and/or immigrants shop.

I think you can also get it online, but odds are good there's some nearby you already.

Page generated in 0.36994 seconds with 11 queries