View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 10:12 PM
puzzler

Default Re: Should I get another Mac?

I have a Mac Mini I bought early 2009. Still seems to work fine, though I admit I don't use it very often. I recently upgraded it to 8GB RAM - I just like upgrading computers! Bit fiddly to get it apart and back together but I found some good instructions (on YouTube, I think).

It wouldn't take the very latest software update - some weird excuse about the WiFi hardware not being supported. I wouldn't mind running it on wired Ethernet only, but Apple wouldn't allow the upgrade because of the WiFi. :shrug:

It's now running El Capitan 10.11.6. I just switched it on to find that out and the clock was wrong at first - though it fixed itself once the Mac automatically connected itself online looked up the correct date and time from the internet. I guess the battery that keeps the clock running when it's off has died at last - I'll take a look at replacing that (or at least removing the old one) as old dead batteries, even the small ones, are notorious for leaking and destroying the circuit boards around them.

Last edited by ceptimus; 09-25-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (09-27-2018), Stormlight (01-09-2019)

Page generated in 0.10980 seconds with 11 queries