View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: This explain everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
I get the impression that there are a lot of Libertarians in the Northwest. Is that a false impression, and if not, why so many?
Jason Sorens in 2010 has some estimates here, and here. He shows his work, and comes up with:
Quote:
The states with the most libertarians are Montana, Alaska, New Hampshire, and Idaho, with Nevada, Indiana, Georgia, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, Utah, California, and Colorado following.
I'm not sure why those states would have the largest groupings. Though Alaska, New Hampshire, Washington, Wyoming, and Nevada have no state income tax.
Some of those states have a holdover "Wild West" mentality going on. And many have rather extreme climates, with low population density so individualism is sort of expected and even required. Take Alaska for an example of Wild West...my husband conducted a business meeting there, and there was a special table at the front door for everyone to put their guns, and everyone carried them. Montana is a rugged, challenging, and low population environment to live in, with an economy based on ranching, so attracts those who want to be isolated and self sustaining.

Page generated in 0.27906 seconds with 11 queries