View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 04:51 AM
Love Bomb

Default Re: One of those 'Wat'cha Listenin' To?' threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scarlatti
I might be listening to Tom Waits' Big Time in a couple of hours, since one of the old repertory cinemas is showing it at midnight for four bucks. I saw it when it first came out, which was 1988 I think, in Calgary, where I was working. I still laugh at that story about the soldier who impregnated the girl after a bullet passed through his testicle into her ovaries: "It's a form of intercourse but ... not ... for everyone." "She's fine, the baby's fine ... the soldier was a little pissed off ..."
Hmmm. I was living in the Aussie rainforest in 1988, and I mean that quite literally, so missed a lot of what was going on in the outside world. But I shall make amends and look for the rental video, which I hope exists if just for that faster-than-a-speeding-bullet intercourse story. :D

I'm a huge Tom Waits fan, ever since I first heard 16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought-Six back when I was about 20 or so. The album that the track is on, Swordfishtrombone, is still one of my fave Tom Waits albums. His much later Mule Variations is also a favourite, and given that I own it in the modern digital compact disc format, rather than the old groovy vinyl slab format, I'm happy to say I still get to hear it. :)

~ Ice T ~

Page generated in 0.09617 seconds with 11 queries