View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: A Question For The Lone Ranger

My original cautionary comment in the other thread was based on personal experience. I don't know what the voltage of the fence was, but here is what happened.

I was visiting a friend in rural Alabama. I went behind the barn to take a leak. I really had to go quite badly, so the initial stream of urine was quite strong. There was a sheet of roofing tin leaning up against the fence (which I did not know was electrified). I pissed on the tin from a distance of probably not more than two or three feet. I received a very definite and painful shock. Not severe enough to cause me any real harm, or immobilize me (I backed off damn quick I can tell you) but still quite painful and unexpected, comparable to getting kicked in the balls. This is definitely not an urban myth. If it were a myth at all it would be a rural one.

Page generated in 0.13589 seconds with 11 queries