View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: The Mueller Report and the Media Report Card

I think Taibbi gets it right, especially here: “Russiagate became a convenient replacement explanation absolving an incompetent political establishment for its complicity in what happened in 2016, and not just the failure to see it coming.”

We see it here with two posters in particular, far gone in delusion, who continually hammer on the bogus themes that Hillary lost the election because of James Comey (lol) and the “Vichy New York Times” (lol double).

We see in those same two posters people who repeatedly lie about posts that I made about the election, to the point where I will no longer bother even reading their crap.

They have succumbed to the very thing they claim to hate: systematic lying, as pioneered by Trump. That is why I say Trump is actually their role model.

Oh, also, third-party candidates (according to these posters) are ALSO to blame for Hillary losing. Never mind that third, fourth, and even fifth party candidates have been a staple throughout American presidential politics, and a Libertarian candidate arguably took more votes from Trump in 2016 than Jill Stein did from Hillary in 2016 or Ralph Nader did from Al Gore in 2000.

Never mind that dirty tricks, slurs, lies, misrepresentations and other things that we now call “memes” have ALWAYS existed in American politics, the only difference being that now, they are more widely disseminated because of the internet and social media.

Never mind that unless people who think like this come to terms with the fact that Hillary lost primarily because she was a shitty candidate, then we’re likely to end up with another shitty candidate in 2020 and Trump will win again. I myself was getting a bit enamored of the Buttigieg BS, until I read All About Pete

As for now, for me, it’s Bernie or Warren.
Thanks, from:
But (04-27-2019), chunksmediocrites (04-27-2019), fragment (04-28-2019), viscousmemories (04-28-2019)

Page generated in 0.25046 seconds with 11 queries