View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Karma is Rael

Default Re: More Texas textbook shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Because I don't have the time, energy or inclination to research and respond to every issue I hear about, I focus my attenion on issues that are more directly relevant to me. I spent the last 41 years in a heavily religious culture, and in my experience (with the exception of items like this one) it's getting better, not worse. If I were an educator or a parent I would be more concerned about what's going on in schools. Since I'm not, I'm not.
Can you donate a few dollars to the groups that are fighting to protect the separation of church and state? It shouldn't take very long.

How about Americans United for Separation of Church and State or the aforementioned Texas Freedom Network?

This issue is directly relevant to you. Your tax dollars are used to fund public school education. Your constitutional rights will be violated if your state allows religious dogma to be taught instead of actual science.

I am sure that at some point in your life, you will need to see a doctor or nurse. Don't you want your future medical professionals to have adequate scientific teaching in grade/high school? Don't you think it benefits the society that you live in to ensure proper educational standards for public schools?
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-08-2010)

Page generated in 0.13471 seconds with 11 queries