View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: Trumphole starts another fucking fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
It’s pretty rich … ever since the end of World War II, when Harry Truman invented the National Security State, the U.S. has done nothing but intervene in the elections and internal politics of other nations … shall I make a list? Really? Iran? Iraq? Chile? Guatemala? Vietnam? And on and on and on … Not just meddling, of course, but also fomenting coups or staging outright military interventions.

Let’s see now, how many wars have the Russkies fought since World War II? Well, there was that debacle in Afghanistan, of course, and the suppressions of Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Poland … plus the proxy war in Ukraine …

What about our new bogey, China? They had a bit of a skirmish with India in the early 60s, and a brief war with Vietnam in the late 70s (so much for the domino theory, eh?) Not much else that I can recall.

What about U.S. wars? Not even counting all the elections we hacked and manipulated, or the coups we fomented, we have these shooting wars big and small: Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Kuwait, the Balkans bombings, Afghanistan, Iraq, our interventions in Syria and Libya, our new venture in North Africa … I’m sure I’ve missed some.

But — oh noes! :ohnoes: Someone had the temerity to meddle in our elections! How dare they do that? Only we have the right to do that! This foreign meddling in our bogus elections, which are bought and paid for by the one percent, makes Baby Jebus cry! :cry:

Oh, yes, that’s the reason Hillary lost … because Russian trolls put up a bunch of fake news on Facebook … not because she was a shitty candidate with a history of warmongering … oh no, it couldn’t be that … it was Russian hacking, of course, and the fact that Watser? and I said mean things about Hillary! :pat: And that Watser? did not vote for Hillary even though as I understand it he lives in the Netherlands and could not have voted for her in any case … Still, it’s his fault, and mine, for refusing to drink the Killary Kool-Ade. Got it!
Holy non seqitur/ tu quoque, Davidm where is our Davidm of years past who liked good arguments and knew logical fallacies?

I’m not for American intervention in democratic elections and the number of wars fought by the respective parties doesn’t matter.

In fact, it seems your shitpost is almost entirely irrelevant.

Are you having a stroke, do you smell purple and just mutter random political bullshit?

Pro tip, Davieboy, intervening in other people’s Democratic ellections is fucking wrong. It was wrong when we did it and it is wrong when someone dies it to us. I know you clearly find this confusing.

Also, I’m generally anti war, but I don’t think that a historical war count of the last 60 years is somehow important to this conversation.

Russia interfered with the US elections, that was a factor in a very close race. You can make fun of it and talk about all the wars the US has waged but it’s fucking irrelevant. :tmgrin:
erimir (12-09-2017), The Man (12-08-2017)

Page generated in 0.49540 seconds with 11 queries