View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Mimicking me will get you nowhere.
:lol: peacegirl, why do you think I want to go anywhere? I have been pretty forthcoming:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Years ago, Isaac Asimov described why he refused to "debate" Creationists.
"Any good Creationist 'debater' can come up with more lies and bad logic in 5 minutes than even the most knowledgable scientist can refute in an hour. And if he is backed into a corner, the Creationist will immediately move the goalposts. Therefore, it is a waste of time to try to debate such a person, since he doesn't care whether or not what he's saying is true, but only that it serves his purposes."*

Attempting to "debate" peacegirl is exactly the same experience.

*I don't have the exact quote at hand, so I'm going from memory.
If it isn't completely self-evident, this is the precise reason why it's so much fun for me to engage peacegirl in the person of the True Steward of the Authentic Text. After she makes it clear that she has no interest in facts or data or anything like that and seeks to limit the discourse to anything that confirms her pre-existing biases (maybe sweeping in a little Holocaust denial in the process), I figure, ok, let's leave facts behind; peacegirl doesn't care about them. But what does she claim care about? Her Corrupted Text, that's what.

And from there, I can simply take the peacegirl approach, and make up my own reality. Because it is all nonsense babble, there are no facts to constrain us. The goal is simply to out-peacegirl peacegirl on her own turf. And I have to admit: it is pretty fun.

Though, sometimes I worry that it might get kind of old, but then I remember that the handful of people who even pay attention to these threads are old pros who've been giving ye olde efferent vision the time of day for years now, so I hope it doesn't get too tiresome for you guys.
peacegirl, have you ever noticed that you do all of your bitching about how I mimic you in one breath and then all of your bitching about the bad logic in my posts in the next breath? Do you think that's a coincidence?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)

Page generated in 0.16586 seconds with 11 queries