View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

That article makes some excellent points

Quote:
The 31 gunfire deaths so far this year are up from 22 in the first six months of last year. But I wonder what evidence O’Donnell has that would cause him to attribute an additional nine officer deaths among 900,000 active duty cops to an “unprecedented level of disrespect” and a sweeping trend of “scathing criticism” of cops on the Internet. I don’t know of a single case last year where there was evidence that an officer’s murder could be traced back to anger or resentment on a web forum. I obviously haven’t looked into all 31 officer shootings, but if there was even a hint of a suggestion that the Internet motivated someone to kill a cop, it’s the sort of salacious detail the media would have lapped up and obsessed over for days. And we’d need quite a few of those incidents to make a trend.
Look, I do appreciate those officers that do what they should do, which I believe is the majority. I wrote a post in the 2 minutes love thread about one.

In my opinion, though, every good officer should damn well be encouraging criticism, investigation, and prosecution of that smaller group of brutal assholes that somehow make it into uniform.

Last edited by LadyShea; 07-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Thanks, from:
Caligulette (07-30-2010)

Page generated in 0.25110 seconds with 11 queries