View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Oh really? So what gives you the all knowing knowledge that Jesus was the son of God instead of a very wise man?

Your argument is flawed not that Jesus wasn't getting revelations from the intelligence of this universe (which you can call God if you so choose), but to say Jesus was the Son of God and that if we don't accept him as such damn you all, you are all going to hell is irrational. It is incongruent with who God is supposed to be, which doesn't add up and causes major issues with logical thinking people. It's a complete fairy tale yet the wisdom that comes from religion is absolutely life changing. I get that the story about Jesus dying on the cross to take all our sins is a wonderful idea (and actually in some unexpected way supports the knowledge that we are already forgiven and not to blame because man's will is not free which justifies a no blame environment; what irony and all in keeping with God's will, or the will of our nature); and I also understand that this faith in the story is what allows people to trust in the new testament. But a lot of people cannot take this on faith. That doesn't mean religion hasn't saved lives, but there is a discrepancy that people who are logical thinkers just cannot accept. I'm sorry Angakuk, but you are not in the position to tell me whether my father's discovery was valid or not. You just aren't. So accept that and try to learn what Lessans discovered, which you have no real understanding at all. You are ready to attack me at the slightest provocation and I'm sure this has to do with the venue we're in. FYI, I don't accept the stories of Judaism either and that God actually spoke directly to Moses, although he may gotten incursions of truth just like Jesus did. My daughter-in-law comes from the Holy Land of Israel. I don't get into this with her because it's not necessary. I love her for who she is, but I don't believe Jews are given special privileges because they are the chosen people. :shock:
Where did that come from? I don't remember anyone posting about God or Jesus. Peacegirl can really fly off on a tangent when she doesn't have a good answer.

Page generated in 0.11421 seconds with 11 queries