View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
One sexy hermaphrodite

Default Re: It's pretty obscure, you've probably never heard of it. Also it's on Netflix Inst

Thematically, it deals with the same concepts that Mullholland Drive tackled, which is BTW a great film that I loved. But IE is a bloated, overstuffed, retreading that really doesn't add much to the work Lynch already did. It is like the turducken of his films. Stuff he has done before but MORE. He has a free hand stretching the film to three hours, and while I root for unfettered artistic freedom, he really really really needed a good editor.

The hardest part is that the film is ugly. Lynch tried to go digital and it just doesn't measure up to the beautiful work he has done before. Some of the still shots are awesome, but when it goes into handheld it is kinda gross. But then there are filmed scenes that he throws into the stew as well, some that were shot during the filming of MD that he had to toss into the mix. The effect is that it just makes the rest of the film look worse.

Love his body of work, but this just isn't his best work or even his meh work. It is really bad. I finished it, but it was a marathon to do so. I will definitely never sit through it again.

Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.
Thanks, from:
lisarea (06-22-2011)

Page generated in 0.13346 seconds with 11 queries