View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: A revolution in thought

I guess I need to address this first before responding to the topical posts. It is important that you understand the :ff: and accept it for what it is, or that you leave if you cannot accept it. If you choose to leave I will not waste my time on the other posts.

Also, in case you choose to leave, I want to thank you for coming here. My post a few back, about what I think is going on in our decision making, is the first time I have tried to articulate my beliefs about the subject, and I am somewhat happy with the results...it's a start anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You know what, if I'm not being taken seriously, I am going to leave. Even these side jokes that make fun of me are disgusting and I'm really not going to put myself through this. LadyShea, I appreciate your very throughtful questions, but if you want me to continue, I ask you to please tell these naysayers to back off, or I won't be able to continue.
No. First of all, as much as it pains me to say so, I am not the boss of them. Also, I value freedom of speech and expression, and the free exchange of ideas, pretty much above all things except myself and my peeps.

You are free to ignore them, either through your own mental dismissal, or through the comprehensive forum tools available to help you tailor your experience here.

You are also free to tell them to fuck off.
You are free to respond to them and try to change their opinions.
And, of course, you are free to leave if that brings you the most satisfaction.
Quote:
Thanks. P.S. I want to add that if this cannot be done because of the 'anything goes' policy
How would an "anything goes" policy lead to something that "cannot be done"? Anyway, I am here at :ff: rather than all the other forums on this big Internetz thing, specifically because the policy is perfectly aligned with my own values system. I am not telling you no because of a policy, I am telling you no because complying with your request would be choosing against myself, which is impossible.

Quote:
I hope to have a website where people can ask relevant questions.
That's a great idea.
Quote:
That way, I will have some control.
You have control here and now, over yourself. You can choose to disregard those posts that bother you, right?

Anyway, I thought the discovery you try to live by somehow precluded desiring control over others, but here you are wanting some authority (first me and now yourself) to exercise control over others.

Quote:
It's just not fair to have these disruptions that take away from the seriousness of this discussion. And I cannot let that happen.
I've explained the myriad options you have for dealing with it. Your move
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-19-2011), Angakuk (03-20-2011), Javaman (03-19-2011), livius drusus (03-19-2011), Naru (03-19-2011), Qingdai (03-19-2011), wildernesse (03-20-2011)

Page generated in 0.12496 seconds with 11 queries