View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Default Re: Return to Gender 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
I expressly said what my argument was (using model minorities as deserving rights doesn’t show that you support those rights as bigots often use that tactic)
Well, you posted in support of fragment's post. I took you to be saying "I'm Bey and I approve this message". I don't think it is reasonable for someone to support an argument and then disown it. I think it was reasonable of me to hold you to some account for the argument you appeared to be seconding.

I do think it’s soft evidence

That surprises me. These are the words we are talking about:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR
Again and again I’ve been told to ‘just meet some trans people.’ I have: in addition to a few younger people, who were all adorable, I happen to know a self-described transsexual woman who’s older than I am and wonderful. Although she’s open about her past as a gay man, I’ve always found it hard to think of her as anything other than a woman, and I believe (and certainly hope) she’s completely happy to have transitioned. Being older, though, she went through a long and rigorous process of evaluation, psychotherapy and staged transformation. The current explosion of trans activism is urging a removal of almost all the robust systems through which candidates for sex reassignment were once required to pass.
Talk me through it. Where does Rowling's bigotry begin to show exactly?

Last edited by mickthinks; 11-08-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.06571 seconds with 11 queries