View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:06 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: What are we watching this Fall, y'all?

It's many weeks too late to get in on the ground floor, but guys. GUYS. Seriously, Emerald City is p good. It wouldn't exist in this style if not for Game of Thrones. My mixed feelings for the HBO of Thrones aside, I'm glad Emerald City came into being. Most of the actors are no-names to me - which could be easy as I don't follow the business too closely. But you have D'Onofrio as the Wizard and Joely Richardson as Glenda (and a real dog as Toto).

But now that it's almost over, my very favorite is Ana Ularu as West and followed very closely with Stefanie Martini as Langwidere. Her masks are truly works of beauty and, as the Dread Pirate Roberts once said, I think they could become fashionable.

If there's anyone who's a purist for the Wizard of Oz (and it's associated books), you prolly might not like it. All the classic characters have been revealed by now, though not in the form with which you're familiar. The melodrama between Dorothy and Lucas (you gotta watch) is a bit much, but the other things going on work well enough (for me) to overcome those bits.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (03-01-2017), livius drusus (03-06-2017), The Man (03-01-2017)

Page generated in 0.28146 seconds with 11 queries