Thread: Ancestry Shows
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Ancestry Shows

Oh, no. I'm not fighting you! I was just thinking over this my own self because you made me think about it. I detach myself from my family history for the most part, too.

I've always been kinda "lol" at the idea of people getting really into their ancestry and being proud or embarrassed by it, so I'm kind of arguing with myself about that.

It is sort of cool, when I think about it, and it's a way that some people connect to history and dig out little everyday stories that would otherwise be lost. I enjoy some of the stories and all, but hadn't thought about how some family history might actually have some significance beyond being amusing, you know?

I'm just kind of woolgathering and trying to figure the significance of why people get emotionally invested in their ancestors' behaviors. I don't think anyone, including you or me, should be ashamed of the privileges our families gained before we were born, any more than we should be inordinately proud of their accomplishments. We're not personally responsible for either.

I'm just thinking out loud.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-20-2015), Janet (04-21-2015), livius drusus (04-20-2015), wildernesse (04-20-2015)

Page generated in 0.19513 seconds with 11 queries