View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

So far this week everbody seems to have a generally positive vibe coming off of Disney's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD episode "FZZT." That's mostly due to Agent Woodbored and Skye not being front and center to the happenings. Oh, they're both still in it so don't get your hopes too high.

The A plot involves happenings with Fitz and Simmons, mostly Simmons. The B plot is about the awakening of the Coulson which also adds to the mounting evidence of me being wrong the prediction I made about him.

BELOW HERE THERE BE SPOILERS THAT ARE NOT HIDDEN. JUST, YOU KNOW, SO YOU'RE AWARE AND CAN STOP READING IF YOU WANT.

Between the half and three-quarter point of the episode I was ready to be very angry and ragequit watching the show at all. Simmons, you see, contracted some techno-Chitauri virus of some sort and was p much going to die a horrible explody death and likely take all of the Disney's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD with her. I was mostly sad-angry about Simmons being the wonder twin who was going to be died.

And then I got annoyed by something else. With all of the wonderful emoting of the actors and nice character arcing between Fitz and Simmons I thought this was going to be a great episode. Oh, then Fitz jacked up his courage meter and was about to stomp on his fears and then jump out of 616 to save Simmons from herself, Woodbored says Nah, brah, I got this and then there's horrible in-studio squinting against the wind acting.

Which just leaves the continuing reveal(s) of what's going on with Coulson. Starting way back from when he admits to feeling rusty, not being able to reflexively reload his sidearm and various people from his past who are wondering what up, he's realizing that maybe there is something going on. This week he runs a full physical on himself but it turns up nothing*. *By which I mean everything is normal, aka within acceptable parameters. Cavalry gives him a little pep talk at the end. Which leaves me wondering what she might suspect and if she's classified at a sufficient level to know things about Coulson that Coulson doesn't.
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-10-2013), Janet (11-12-2013), wei yau (11-07-2013)

Page generated in 0.23651 seconds with 11 queries