View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: Well, It Looks Like I'm Going to Have to buy Skyrim ... Again

Aaaaaand they've just announced that PS4 users won't have access to mods after all. Apparently, Sony is to blame.

Well, screw that. I ain't buying the game all over again just to see it in higher definition.

I've been wondering about getting an Xbox One for some time, and now I'm thinking that maybe I should.

As I see it, there are some pros, even though I'm not a big-time gamer and so it's hard to justify the cost. First, I really want to see & play Skyrim in high(er) definition, and more importantly, with mods. I love Skyrim to death, but I've played it through enough times to have pretty-much memorized the game -- I want to see what the mod developers have done with it.

As a bonus, I seem to remember reading that the newest Xbox systems will play 4K videos. Am I remembering that right? If so, it'd probably be cheaper and/or more practical to buy an Xbox One than a dedicated 4K video player.

Oooorrrr, for the price of an Xbox One, I could probably buy a decent gaming computer. I wouldn't need to buy a monitor, since I could just plug it into the television and use it for gaming. There are already a zillion or so Skyrim mods available for PC.

Another plus to going this route is that -- eventually -- they're going to finish Skywind and Skyblivion. I've never played Morrowind, but I'd like to, especially on a modern game engine with voice acting, good graphics, etc. And I would love to see Oblivion (especially with slightly more ... intelligent ... NPC dialog) on the Skyrim game engine.

Thoughts?
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (09-13-2016)

Page generated in 0.28565 seconds with 11 queries